CLAT Application Procedure 2018
The application form needs to be filled online by visiting the website www.clat.ac.in. They need to register and create a LOGIN ID with correct email account and other information. The form should be saved successfully with appropriate preference order for 18 NLUs. Self attested scanned copy of all relevant certificates should be uploaded in online form.
Procedure for filling up the Application Form for CLAT-2018
- Application form for CLAT-2018 shall be filled On-line only.
- The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT-2018 website (www.clat.ac.in). The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2018 website (www.clat.ac.in) by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID. The details of the login ID and password shall be then sent to the registered e-mail ID and through SMS to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- The application form shall be available from 01st January 2018. The candidate can fill up the required details in the application form and save the same before finally submitting it. No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- The candidate is advised to submit his/her application form only after he/she is required to absolutely sure of the information he/she provides in the form.
- The candidate shall fill his/ her preference order for all eighteen NLUs at the time of online application only. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- For any information related to the eighteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective institutions which is be available at the CLAT-2018 website.
- The candidates must upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at the suitable places in the online application form.
- Admit Card/Hall ticket shall be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April 2018. The candidates shall take a print out of Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2018 website regularly for updates.
- The application form, complete in all respects must be submitted on or before 31st March 2018 (11:59 PM). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any loss of information or inconvenience faced by the candidate.
- FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the brochures of the concerned NLUs for more details. All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2018 examination. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT-2018 examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned universities.
Application Fee / Previous Years Question Papers’ Fee: Application fee to be paid On-line only.
- For General / OBC / SAP and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/-
- For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/-
- The candidates will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online
- The cost of previous years question papers is Rs. 400/ (not included in the CLAT-2018 fee of Rs. 4,000/-
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
For payment of application fee, candidates are required to login to the CLAT-2018 website. Application fee shall be paid online through net-banking or debit card or credit card. The candidates will have to bear additional bank transaction charges in case they opt for remitting fee through net-banking payment gateways.
The detailed procedure for payment of fee is also available at the CLAT-2018 website.
Documents to be Uploaded with Online Application
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT-2018 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant photocopies of the certificate are required to be self-attested. Photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/JPG / JPEG format by all the candidates are:
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with clear lenses (30 mm x 45 mm) [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- Signature of the candidate [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- Certificate of impairment for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and Scribe Declaration Form by the Scribe in the prescribed format.
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses, if applicable to any candidate.